We are providing the most important Indian Geography Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019, SSC 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-9 Indian Geography Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019,RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”,search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1. Which is the highest peak in Andaman and Nicobar islands?
1. Mount Koya
2. Mount Diavolo
3. Saddle Peak
4. Mount Thuiller
2. Which of the following neighbouring country of India is not a landlocked country?
3. The northern plain of India has been formed by the interplay of the three major river systems, namely– the Indus, the Ganga and the ___________.
4. Which country is not a member of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC)?
5. The group of stars arranged in a definite pattern is called
1. Milky way
4. Solar system
6. Which planet takes the longest time to go around the sun?
7.The Earth is at maximum distance from the sun on
1. January 3rd
2. December 22nd
3. September 22nd
4. July 4th
8. In which of the following eras the earth was nearly covered with snow and ice?
1. Cretaceous Era
2. Pliocene Era
3. Pleistocene Era
4. Tertiary Era
9.Ox-bow lake is a feature formed by
1. River erosion in youthful stage
2. Transportation action of the river
3. River erosion in mature stage
4. Deposition in old stage of a river
10.Which one of the following local winds is different from the other three?
11.Which one of the following is not a tropical desert?
12.Among oceanic trenches the deepest trench is
1. Kurile trench
2. Japan trench
3. Mariana trench
4. Tonga trench
13.Jet stream is
1. Fast blowing westerlies in upper part of Troposphere.
2. Ocean current
3. Monsoon winds
4. None of these
14.Tropical cyclones in Australia are called
1. Willy willy
3. Easterly waves
15. India shares longest international boundary with which country?
16.Tsangpo is the other name in Tibet for ____________ .
17. The largest herbarium of India is located at –
18.At Barren Island, the only active volcano in India is situated in –
1. Andaman Islands
2. Nicobar Islands
19. Which of these is a dwarf planet?
20.The Ghatampur thermal power plant recently approved by Cabinet is to be setup in –
2. Uttar Pradesh
4. Madhya Pradesh