We are providing the most important Indian Polity Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019, SSC 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-9 Indian Polity Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019,RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”,search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1.Which of the following states/union territory has a legislative assembly consisting of only 30 members?
4. All the above
2.Money bills can be introduced in the state legislature with the prior consent of
1. The Speaker
2. The Chief Minister
3. The Governor
4. The President
3.The minimum age for the membership of the Council of States is:
1. 45 years
2. 30 years
3. 35 years
4. 21 years
4.The Governor of a State is appointed by
1. The State legislature
2. The Prime Minister
3. The President
4. The Parliament
5.The chief executive head of state under the Indian Constitution—
3. A & B
4. None of the above
6.The Council of Ministers of Indian Union is collectively responsible to the –
1. Lok Sabha
3. Rajya Sabha
4. Prime Minister
7.Who was the first woman to become the Prime Minister of a country?
1. Golda Meir
2. Margaret Thatcher
3. Indira Gandhi
4. Sirimavo Bandarnaike
8.Which of the following right has been removed from fundamental rights and converted to a simple legal right?
1. Right to life and personal liberty
2. Right to property
3. Right to education
4. Right to freedom of religion
9.Which of the following does not come under Fundamental Duty?
1. To safeguard public property
2. To protect and improve the natural environment
3. To promote harmony
4. To protect freedom of speech and expression
10. Comptroller and Auditor General of India is appointed for how many years?
11.Appointments for all India Services are made by –
3. Prime Minister
12.The Jammu and Kashmir State Legislative Assembly has a tenure of _____________
1. Six years
2. Five years
3. Four years
4. Seven years
13.Which one of the following Committees is described as the ‘twin sister’ of the Estimates Committee?
1. Public Accounts Committee
2. Committee on Public Undertakings
3. Departmental Standing Committee
4. Privilege Committee
14.In a Parliamentary form of Government ___________
1. The Legislature is responsible to the Judiciary
2. The Executive is responsible to the Legislature
3. The Legislature is responsible to the Executive
4. The Judiciary is responsible to the Legislature
15.Which of the following statements is correct about the President of India?
1. Addresses first session of Parliament after each General Election
2. Addresses last session of Parliament at the end of each year
3. Addresses every session of Parliament
4. Never addresses Parliament
16.Who among the following is not a member of the National Development Council?
1. The Prime Minister
2. The Member of NITI Aayog
3. The Chief Ministers of States
4. The President of India
17.Within what period, the Parliament has to approve Financial emergency declared by the President—
1. Six Months
2. Two Months
3. Three Months
4. Four Months
18.What is the meaning of State in the Constitution—
1. Union and state governments
2. State legislatures
4. All the above
19.Who decides allotment of symbols to Political Parties—
1. Political Party leader
2. Political Party Governing Committees
3. Election Committee of Political Party
4. Election Commission
20.Conduct of Election Rules, 1961 was made by the Central Govt. in consultation with which commission—
1. Parliamentary Members Inquiry Commission
2. Regional Election Commissioners
3. Election Commission
4. None of the above